Welkom op het weetjewel forum, van en voor Volkswagen Transporter rijders.

Groetjes webmaster Henk-1

klik rechts op de "X" dan verdwijnt dit veld

Camper wegenbelasting & verzekering, help for german living in NL

VW T4 camper vragen nieuwbouw en zelfbouw
Hapee

Re: Camper wegenbelasting & verzekering, help for german living in NL

Bericht door Hapee »

Regarding your question about max km's: for the Belastingdienst it doesn't matter how many km's you drive, as long as your van is eligible for the reduced camper tax, as stated above.

For the insurance: it may differ per insurance company, but usually you have to state how many km's a year you expect to drive, I think there's a maximum in order to be eligible for the camper insurance. You can check with https://www.nkc.nl/, they also sell insurances themselves. My T4 California is insured with De Europeesche for about 30 euros a month.

Enjoy your time in The Netherlands!
Konan

Bericht door Konan »

Thanks a lot, guys, for your kind help!

Now another thing that came to my mind.
I read, that a car this "old" has to be checked every year if it is still in a good condition to legally drive on the roads. How much does this yearly check cost and where do I do this?

Vielen Dank euch allen für die nette Hilfe!

Jetzt habe ich noch eine andere Frage die mir eingefallen ist.
Ich habe gelesen, dass ein so "altes" Auto jedes Jahr geprüft werden muss, ob es noch in einem guten Zustand ist um legal gefahren werden zu dürfen.
Wieviel kostet denn diese jährliche Überprüfung und wo mache ich das dann am besten?

Dank je wel!
Multivan 2.5 TDI 75kW, Bj 05.1996, Westfalia slapdak (zelfmonta)
Anton_W

Bericht door Anton_W »

I would second the recommendation of the NKC. Their insurance is quite good, quite cheap. Because the club itself is quite big and member driven. Had some good experience with them when we had trouble.
2000 California techno blue.
Beckontheroad

Bericht door Beckontheroad »

Konan schreef: 30 mar 2017, 10:18 Thanks a lot, guys, for your kind help!

Now another thing that came to my mind.
I read, that a car this "old" has to be checked every year if it is still in a good condition to legally drive on the roads. How much does this yearly check cost and where do I do this?

Dank je wel!
That is correct the TUV is valid for 2 years, the Dutch equivalent APK only for 1year.
Note if you bring your German car the TUV will remain valid when you import the car. The first APK has to be performed before the TUV has expired
Cost for just the APK varies from €20- app €50,-
JB
Laatst gewijzigd door Beckontheroad op 17 apr 2017, 21:32, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
--==There is a thin line between insanity and genius, I passed that line a long time ago==--
LAYCA

Bericht door LAYCA »

I read, that a car this "old" has to be checked every year

This is a yearly check called in dutch "APK keuring"
And can be done in almost every garage in the Nethelands.
The instance control is called RDW in dutch "Rijksdienst Van Wegverkeer"
The car must be dutch en registered.
Prices are between 14 euro /40 euro
Hoop this is what you mean

Groeten Wim :zwaai
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=47265

Tijdens deze zomer woon ik hopelijk vaak in de bus of Kip ergens in europa Afbeelding
Chubaka

Bericht door Chubaka »

wen dein auto nach holland komt mit zwei jahre tuv behald der den
und wen der ist abgelaufen ist es jedes jahr
T4 lw rsl edition Bj 2003
Passat 35i 2.0 gt Bj 1993
Scirocco z400 Bj 1988
Konan

Bericht door Konan »

That's good to know, so it maybe makes sense to refresh my TÜV here in Germany before we move, so we dont need to do a APK after one year.
Also I will have a look on the NKC verzekering and if they accept the German drivers license for the timespan. I heard that some insurances dont do that and want to see a Dutch drivers lincence after two years or something like this. This is definitely not the case at the ANWB. So I am considering to go either to ANWB or NKC, I have to see what they say for my case.

But anyway, thanks a lot for all the kind help from all of you!
Thanks to the information we got here, we now started to convert our Multivan to become a Campervan! :jump
The Westfalia roof is already installed!! The roof was from another T4, so we got it from a junkjard, and accidently it had the exact same color as ours... but now this maybe gets a bit offtopic, so if I find some time, I will maybe put this to another thread.
Bijlagen
Autodachkl.jpg
Anton_W

Bericht door Anton_W »

it migtht be good to know that your van is not allowed in certain city centres.

Utrecht inner city.
Rotterdam city.

Amsterdam also has a umwelt but if your car is registered "the right way" it shouldnt be a problem there. (others here would know what the thing to look out for is).
2000 California techno blue.
Konan

Bericht door Konan »

Thanks for the tipp!
I also heard about the ban in some inner cities. So currently its Rotterdam and Utrecht inner city, right?
Is there an official website where all the details are listed? And does anyone know, if its planned for Leiden also? I couldn't find infos about that except some "guardian news" or some other newspaper stuff...
Then I would have to consider this in our appartment search.

By the way, if anyone got a nice appartment in Leiden for rent from August for a small family, I would be happy if you let me know :knipoog
Hapee

Bericht door Hapee »

Konan schreef: 23 mei 2017, 10:32 Thanks for the tipp!
I also heard about the ban in some inner cities. So currently its Rotterdam and Utrecht inner city, right?
Is there an official website where all the details are listed? And does anyone know, if its planned for Leiden also? I couldn't find infos about that except some "guardian news" or some other newspaper stuff...
Then I would have to consider this in our appartment search.

By the way, if anyone got a nice appartment in Leiden for rent from August for a small family, I would be happy if you let me know :knipoog
It's best to check on the website of the municipalities, because the cities all have their own rules.

Some of them post it also on English:

https://gemeente.leiden.nl/en/english/

http://gezonderelucht.nl/healthier-air-rotterdam

In Leiden there's also an Umwelt-zone but it's only for trucks (for now). You'll probably notice if they want to expand this to personal vehicles, because there will be a lot of protests. And usually it takes months, if not years, to come into effect.
Hanz

Bericht door Hanz »

See als here for an overview (sorry, only in Dutch): https://www.anwb.nl/belangenbehartiging ... -nederland
Google Translate can help.
T4 California 1997 - 2.5TDI/ACV
Plaats reactie