Welkom op het weetjewel forum, van en voor Volkswagen Transporter rijders.

Groetjes webmaster Henk-1

klik rechts op de "X" dan verdwijnt dit veld

Camper wegenbelasting & verzekering, help for german living in NL

VW T4 camper vragen nieuwbouw en zelfbouw
Konan

Camper wegenbelasting & verzekering, help for german living in NL

Bericht door Konan »

Goedendag,

helaas ik sprek geen nederlands, ik hoop dat Engels of Duits is ok.

First in English.
My wife, daughter and me are from Germany and are going to move to Leiden this summer, since I got a job (PhD position) for 4 years there.
Since my daughter isnt born, yet, and we will travel to our families in Germany farely often, we need to bring our car to the Netherlands.
As far as I found out, we have to register our car in the Netherlands, since the authorities are very strict in the Netherlands :politie , but which is way more expensive than in Germany and we unfortunately cannot afford this.
Since we have a T4 Multivan 102ps 2.5 tdi, built 05.1996, and plan to use it as a camper anyway, we would also like to register it as a camper to save some money.

Now I got 2 questions:
- Tax and ensurance: when our T4 gets registred (the RDW does that, right?), and we fulfill the criteria for a camper, we pay the camper taxes (which are far cheaper than the regular car taxes for this multivan) even if we sometimes use this car for non-holiday driving?
Only the ensurance cannot be a camper ensurance, since this does only cover holiday use, right?

- We can register our car as a camper when we have the regular multivan bench seats that can be converted to a bed, a westfalia folding roof with bed, the standard folding table of the multivan, a rotatable passenger front-seat and a kitchen block behind the drivers seat with sink and cooking and two storage compartments (something like this: http://www.zillka-mobile.de/237_0.jpeg http://www.zillka-mobile.de/Jan02_55.JPG)?
I already know the requirements that are listed on the belastingsdienst homepage, I just want to be sure and ask someone else before we do that.

I hope someone can help me with that issue, because the authorities only talk dutch, and unfortunately my dutch is not representable, yet...

Jetzt auf Deutsch:
Im Sommer ziehe ich mit meiner Frau und unserer neugeborenen Tochter nach Leiden, ich habe dort einen Job (PhD Stelle) für vier Jahre.
Wir brauchen in dieser Zeit ein Auto, um eventuell mit unserem Kind mal zum Arzt zu fahren oder auch weil wir oft nach Deutschland fahren um unsere Familien zu besuchen.
Soweit ich weiß müssen wir ein Auto, das wir in den Niederlanden benutzen auch dort registrieren, die Behörden sind da wohl sehr streng. :politie Allerdings ist die Versicherung und die Steuern sehr viel teurer als in Deutschland, was wir uns kaum leisten können.
Wir haben einen T4 Multivan 102 ps 2.5 tdi, Baujahr 1996, wir wollen diesen sowieso auch als Camper nutzen und haben auch schon ein gebruachtes Westfalia Aufstelldach gekauft, das wir demnächst einbauen wollen. Wir würden also auch gerne den T4 als Camper in den Niederlanden registrieren um Steuern zu sparen.

Jetzt habe ich dazu zwei Fragen:
- Steuern und Versicherung: Der Wagen wird ja vom RDW registriert wenn wir ihn mitbringen, oder? Wenn unser T4 alle Kriterien eines Campers erfüllt, zahlen wir dann auch die Steuern für einen Camper, selbst wenn wir ihn manchmal auch für nicht-Urlaubs-Fahrten nutzen? Mit einer Vericherung habe ich schon gesprochen, die sagten mir, dass eine Camper-Versicherung nur geht, wenn wir ihn NUR für Urlaubszwecke nutzen. Das ist nicht so bei den Steuern, oder?

- Das Registrieren als Camper: Ich kenne bereits die Bedingungen auf der belastingsdienst homepage, aber ich wollte das trotzdem nochmal abklären bevor es soweit kommt. Bekomme ich den T4 als camper registriert wenn er folgende Sachen eingebaut hat: Die standard Multivan Sitzbank, welche als Schlafbank ausgezogen werden kann. Ein Westfalia Aufstelldach mit Bettfunktion. Der standard Klapptisch der schon eingebaut ist. Ein drehbarer Beifahrersitz. Ein Küchenblock hinter dem Fahrersitz mit Spülbecken, Gaskocher und zwei Staufächern, (in etwa wie dieser hier: http://www.zillka-mobile.de/237_0.jpeg http://www.zillka-mobile.de/Jan02_55.JPG ).

Leider kann ich das alles nicht direkt mit den Behörden besprechen, weil ich noch nicht gut Niederländisch spreche und diese kein Deutsch oder Englisch sprechen dürfen.

Ich hoffe, dass mir hier jemand mit diesem Thema weiterhelfen kann und wir unseren T4 mit nach Leiden nehmen können ohne dabei arm zu werden...
Ob Antwort auf Englisch oder Deutsch ist egal, falls jemand beides gut kann würde ich Deutsch bevorzugen.

Vielen Dank und viele Grüße aus Heidelberg :driveT4

Konan
Laatst gewijzigd door Konan op 27 mar 2017, 21:23, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Multivan 2.5 TDI 75kW, Bj 05.1996, Westfalia slapdak (zelfmonta)
Chubaka

Re: Camper wegenbelasting & verzekering

Bericht door Chubaka »

Guten Morgen Konan
dein wagen nach holland holen ist kein problem
aber für de camper eintragung must du an ein paar regeln halten
du solts ein hubdach haben oder ein hochdach
ein bed 110 breit und 180 lang
eine feste kuche
und du solst ein tisch haben darf aus nimbar sein
und absliesbaren ablagefacher
wen du fragen hast melde dich
T4 lw rsl edition Bj 2003
Passat 35i 2.0 gt Bj 1993
Scirocco z400 Bj 1988
Konan

Re: Camper wegenbelasting & verzekering, help for german living in NL

Bericht door Konan »

Danke für die Antwort!

Hat noch jemand Tips für meine Anmeldung vom Multivan als Camper?
Muss ich auch BMP zahlen für den T4 (Bj. 05.1996)?

Thank you for the reply!

Does anyome else have some tips regarding the registration of a Multivan as a Camper?
Do I have to pay the BMP for my T4, when its built in May 1996?
Beckontheroad

Bericht door Beckontheroad »

Konan schreef: 28 mar 2017, 15:12
Hat noch jemand Tips für meine Anmeldung vom Multivan als Camper?
Muss ich auch BMP zahlen für den T4 (Bj. 05.1996)?
If you move over to the Netherlands and stay here for over 6 months, you do not have to pay the BPM.
You do need to import your vehicle and change the license plate.

JB
--==There is a thin line between insanity and genius, I passed that line a long time ago==--
Snautzer

Bericht door Snautzer »

Leiden? almost neighbours we will be then.

please read: https://www.rdw.nl/englishinformation/P ... ish/Import

Cost of inspection 54 euro, can take 2 weeks to make an appointment i suggest inspection station Amsterdam (closest to Leiden), BPM will be minimal or zero with your car.
Snautzer

Bericht door Snautzer »

Multivan als Camper:

To drive a camper and making use of the kwart tarief ( that 1 quart of the normal road tax) you have to forfill some rules of the Belasting dienst.

see https://www.belastingdienst.nl/wps/wcm/ ... uto_camper

(With a Multivan you are almost there but notice this:
height of at least 170 cm over a length of at least 200 cm ( Usually done with some kind of pop top)
a fixed kitchen for use in the interior. The work surface is at least 60 cm high, with a built-in (removable) water to a sink, a tap and a drain. A permanently installed kitchen for use in the interior
.)

google translate:
The inner chamber may include a rectangular block with a height of at least 170 cm over a length of at least 200 cm and a width of at least 90 cm. The interior is the space behind the driver and passenger seat, in which the facilities must be permanently affixed.

The inside of your camper must have:

at least two permanent seats
This may be rotating seats for the driver and front passenger.
a fixed table
The table may be so confirmed, which you can easily remove.
sleeping for at least 2 persons
This may be sleeping that you create using the seats. But not with the seating for the driver and front passenger. The minimum dimensions of the berths are:
at a double sleeping place: at least 180 cm long, and at least 110 cm wide
in 2 or more separate beds: a minimum of 2 bed be at least 180 cm long and at least 60 cm wide
at least two fixed and lockable storage facilities
a fixed kitchen for use in the interior
The work surface is at least 60 cm high, with a built-in (removable) water to a sink, a tap and a drain.
a permanently installed kitchen for use in the interior
This may receive a fixed microwave oven are that flow through an energy source which is present in the motor.
Snautzer

Bericht door Snautzer »

Leiden does have some restrictions on older diesel.

Driving: You will have to look at your postal code but it is mainly the inner city.
see postal codes: http://www.leiden.nl/fileadmin/files/pd ... tcodes.pdf

Parking at your house/work: You will have to look at your postal code but it is mainly the inner city but spreading like wild fire. Without a permit i will cost money, or worse you cant park at all.
see https://gemeente.leiden.nl/projecten/ui ... f-werk-ik/
Snautzer

Bericht door Snautzer »

And some Leiden promotion:
Inner city is very old and a very nice place to be. Lots of Musea, restaurants, cafe's, shops, cinema's. As it is a University town lots of young people keeping the place lively and fresh. Personally i think it is much more relaxed then Amsterdam and overall a nicer place to live.
As you have a Frau und unserer neugeborenen Tochter it is good to know there are multiple hospitals of good name with in 15 min drive. (My 3 kids were born in the LUMC)
The beach is with in 25 min at Wassenaarse slag or closer de Vlietlanden , Biking through the polders is of course a must.
Scandibus

Bericht door Scandibus »

Hallo Konan,

Wenn du diese Reihenfolge anhältst, machst du es richtig:

1. Den Wagen einführen wie Snautzer angegeben hat: https://www.rdw.nl/englishinformation/P ... ish/Import
Du bekommst ein Niederländisches Kennzeichen und mußt MWSt (BTW) und evtl. BPM bezahlen. (Später auch noch KfzSt, zuviel bezahltes wird erstattet wenn der
Wagen einmal ein Camper ist)

2. Ausbauen wie du oben richtig erwähnt hast (Steh-Höhe, 2 Schlafplätze (die hast du ja dan im Hochdach, also die Schlafbank ist nicht unbedingt
erforderlich), Sitzgelegenheit für 2 Personen, Küche mit Wasser/Abfallwasser (dürfen/können Kanister sein) und Kochgelegenheit, Kiste/Schrank
(mit Tür/Deckel ), einen (wegnehmbaren)Tisch.

3. RDW Inspektion zum Camper (die gucken nur grob ob es ein Camper ist) und der Wagen bekomt ein neues Kennzeichen (ja, schon wieder :-)).

4. Campertarief beantragen (Belastingdienst). Der Belastingdienst stellt die meisten Forderungen im Bezug auf Umbau und kann eine Nach-Inspektion
machen. Meistens bleibt es aber bei der Aufforderung um eine Serie Foto's vom umgebauten Wagen einzureichen.

Viel Erfolg!

P.S. Du kannst den Wagen auch schon in Deutschland ausbauen und als Camper einführen.
Ich weiß aber nicht ob das günstiger ist.
Konan

Bericht door Konan »

Vielen Dank für eure vielen hilfreichen Antworten!!

Mit den Tips von euch wird das wohl ganz gut gehen mit unserem T4, und wir können uns dann auch die Steuern leisten ohne arm zu werden.
Ist es ok auch eine Camper Versicherung zu nehmen oder kann es ein Problem sein, wenn ich das Auto manchmal auch im Alltag nutze?
Falls ihr die Frage nicht beantworten dürft, kann ich das verstehen..

Thank you very much for the many helpful replies!

With the recommendations of you we should have no problems with our T4, and also we can afford the tax.
Do you think it is ok to also have a camper insurance for the T4, or could it be a problem, if I sometimes use the car for everyday stuff?
I can totally understand, if you are not allowed to answer this question...

Dank je wel & hartelijke groeten!
Scandibus

Bericht door Scandibus »

Doch, warum nicht?
Ich habe meinen Camper bei https://www.camperverzekerd.nl/ versichert.
Da kostet dich die Vollcasco gerade €25,-/Monat und sie machen kein Problem draus wenn du den wagen auch mal Alltags fährst.
jones

Bericht door jones »

Why do you have to register your car in the Netherlands?
Is it not possible to drive here with your german plates and insurance?
Some German people are living in my street and they drive a vectra and zafira with German plates for many years.
And there are lots more people from all over Europe living in the Netherlands with foreign cars/plates.
Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, Germany, Belgium
Scandibus

Bericht door Scandibus »

@jones
Dat maakt niets uit, Nederlandse belasting betalen moet je toch..:

https://www.rijksoverheid.nl/onderwerpe ... ken-hebben

Bovendien is het Nederlandse campertarief ws gunstiger dan het Duitse.
Konan

Bericht door Konan »

Yes, we also thought of driving with our german numberplate.
But it is illegal in the Netherlands to drive a car registred in another country when you live there (for a longer time).
And I heard, that the authorities can be really strict in that cases.
So to be on the save side we have to go the official way. Also because we are going to live in Leiden for minimum 4 years, in such a long time it is very likely that the authorities will notice, that we "evade tax" with a german numberplate.
Snautzer

Bericht door Snautzer »

You do not get park permit with german plates.
Plaats reactie