Welkom op het weetjewel forum, van en voor Volkswagen Transporter rijders.

Groetjes webmaster Henk-1

klik rechts op de "X" dan verdwijnt dit veld

T4 1.9d Fuel pump timing.

vragen over de T4
Scotsman

Re: T4 1.9d Fuel pump timing.

Bericht door Scotsman »

P.S: The ANWB showed me where the diesel was spouting out from. They said its not a big problem,it just needs a washer to be added to a part of the pump. Despite the diesel spouting out the engine is running fine,actually better than it ever has. The ANWB man testified to this,saying that it sounds fine. He actually got me to drive the van past him a few times so that he could listen to the engine noise. What is most noticeable is the smoothness and low noise at higher speeds. I just hope that on Monday they source the starting problem as I will then have a Van with a rebuilt engine,new Dynamo,new Starter Motor,Revised Pump and new Fuel Filter.
One other thing,about 2 weeks ago the knipper lights stopped working. I enquired at Brezan about a new relay and they say that my model of van does not have a relay for the knipper lights ????
Geert G

Bericht door Geert G »

Ooh poor bugger :T5muur
It's always.......one thing comes mostly after a other. :gif

Your diesel leak, that copper washer what you have 2 replace, is that not the source of your starting problem?
Overnight, a failing copper seal, sucks slowly air inside your diesel system.
And then, at morning..... when you wanna cranking it up, the starter has to bleed first the air out of the fuel system.
Air in a diesel system.......is a no go, for proper running or starting.

Properly you forgot one thing to overlook: Check the capacity of your starter battery.
I mean: The Cold start Amperage capacity of your battery.
Your start motor need at least 640 Amps to crank the motor up.
A Battery with a lower cold start capacity (let say 450-500 Amps) will burn your start motor.
I reckon, that's happened, after a those hard startings

Give you a tip to save money in your pocket:
Go Monday to a wrecker/car dismantlement and pickup there a starter-motor for € 50,00-75,00 quit
€ 350,- is way way way to much.
These starters has also been fitted in a lot of other VAG cars, like the VW Golf & Passat Diesel, or Audi Diesel models, with a 1.9 TD motor.
Check your battery, and if it's has not enough cold start capacity, buy a good one like Varta BLUE dynamic 574 012 068 or Bosch Blue S4 with the same number.
This battery cost around € 110-120,- at Brezan or one of his college company's. Than you have still money left in your wallet.
Imported with new battery's: recharge them completely, otherwise the lead plates gets bend, and the battery lost his capacity, or fails after a couple starts.

I reckon one thing to overlook: The glow plugs whose been fitted in your motor:
These type of 12 Volt glow plugs, you have them as slow glowers and as fast glowers.
If somebody has fitted the wrong glow plugs ( the slow one) your car will never start.
So....check te part numbers in my post before, or pull one out and test them directly on your battery.
If this is the situation: your glow plug relay cut the power to quick off and he has never the chance to glow up.
For slow glowers you need a slow type glow relay, for fast glowers a fast type glow relay.

And perhaps you have glow twice, in the morning.
After the yellow led goes out: Wait 3 seconds longer, before you start.

Good luck, Geert
ACV Motor Modificaties:
EGR & Kat verwijderd
Fratelli Bosio PP520 verstuivers
Turbo W.G. afstelling aangepast
JB Autoservice & JD-Engeneering, chip op maat
Scotsman

Bericht door Scotsman »

Hi Geert,

The leak has only started after I left Broos on Thursday,I was on my way to them on Friday morning when the starter motor packed in. My Van had problems starting a month ago when there was no leak. Although the first garage I went to said that the As was leaking slightly ( weeping ). This is where I think the wrong diagnoses was made. When they fixed it with the revised pump my Van still would not start. That is why I left that garage and went directly to VW last week. They said it was the timing,so they fixed it and advised me to get the fuel pump timed,so I went to Broos who timed it perfectly. My Van was going great but still it would not start in the mornings :muur On monday I am gonna plead with VW cto just make my Van start please !!!! :muur

I will post the result.

Ps. Thanks for your information :toppie

The Scotsman
Multivan Generation
Contacteer:

Bericht door Multivan Generation »

Have you ever thought about the tank element, which could have a crack in the housing?
...have you ever noticed that some people never have the money to do it right, but can always find the money to do it twice?...
Scotsman

Bericht door Scotsman »

Hi Multivan Generation,

could you explain what you mean by the 'tank' element ?

Regards

The Scotsman
Multivan Generation
Contacteer:

Bericht door Multivan Generation »

If you'd use the search option of this forum (uitgebreid zoeken --- Top right of this site),

you could have found this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34068&p=232486&hili ... nt#p232486

See the pictures..

With kind regards

Peter
...have you ever noticed that some people never have the money to do it right, but can always find the money to do it twice?...
Scotsman

Bericht door Scotsman »

Thanks Peter for the info.

Regards

The Scotsman
Geert G

Bericht door Geert G »

Good on you, Pete :jumpklap

I still learning every day :lach
Now I can image, If the fuel tank sending unit has a crack inside, yepp it sucks air.

Partnumbers if you need a new one:
VW 7D0919183
VDO 220805001003Z
AIRTEX E10463S
ACV Motor Modificaties:
EGR & Kat verwijderd
Fratelli Bosio PP520 verstuivers
Turbo W.G. afstelling aangepast
JB Autoservice & JD-Engeneering, chip op maat
Plaats reactie