Welkom op het weetjewel forum, van en voor Volkswagen Transporter rijders.

Groetjes webmaster Henk-1

klik rechts op de "X" dan verdwijnt dit veld

Staring problem ?

vragen over de T4
Plaats reactie
Scotsman

Staring problem ?

Bericht door Scotsman »

Recently when I try to start my 1.9d T4 from 1995 I only hear a clicking noise,but no start up of the engine. This tends to happen in the morning after the Van has been parked overnight. Once it starts then it starts everytime for the whole day. It can go days without this problem then 2 or 3 days in a row where it does'nt start. Sometimes it clicks 20 times and on the 21st attempt it starts up, other times it does'nt start for 3 clicks then starts on the 4th attempt ?

Any help would be appreciated.

The Scotsman
Geert G

Re: Staring problem ?

Bericht door Geert G »

So far I remember your last topic, a couple months ago:
You have been replace the starter for a brand new one by the VW dealer in Breda, did yea?

I reckon couple options:
Bad ground connection between block & chassis. Check your ground leads on corrosion + check loose bolts.
Check the + live lead between battery & starter. Check the bolts, clean them with sandpaper, and tight them up.
A signal cable is somewhere broken, in the cable harness.
The plastic ignition switch no.5, down the ignition lock is worn-out. (Fitted in the steering column)
Part no. VW 6N0 905 865
Bijlagen
Nr.5  Part-number 6N0 905 865
Nr.5 Part-number 6N0 905 865
ACV Motor Modificaties:
EGR & Kat verwijderd
Fratelli Bosio PP520 verstuivers
Turbo W.G. afstelling aangepast
JB Autoservice & JD-Engeneering, chip op maat
Scotsman

Bericht door Scotsman »

Thanks for the information Gert G, much appreciated...and yes I did have a new Bosch Start Motor replaced by VW in Breda a couple of months back,good memory !! :-)

I'll look into the points you have made and hopefully find the source.

Thanks again,

The Scotsman
Bertel388

Bericht door Bertel388 »

I guess it is the starter switch. I once had a similar issue. Almost had the starter exchanged but an experienced VW mechanic told me to exchange the starter switch first. I wrote a short instruction on how to.... Good luck!

http://www.weetjewel.com/tips_en_trucs/ ... vangen.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Plaats reactie